What are the Consequences of Academic Misconduct?
According to the Student Conduct Code, Sanctions Can Include:
- No Action
- Warning or written reprimand
- General disciplinary probation
- Loss of good standing *
- Educational Programs
- Restorative Justice Assignments
- An "F" on the assignment or exam
- Failure of the class
- Reduced grade
- Academic misconduct "AM" noted on transcript **
- Loss of Repeat/Delete privilege
- Disciplinary suspension
- Revocation of degree
- Withholding of degree
* When not in good standing, students may not represent CSU in extracurricular activities. This includes—but is not limited to—participating in Intercollegiate or Sports Club athletics, sitting on University committees, or holding office in student organizations.
** The notation "AM" (which includes losing the Repeat/Delete option) following the course grade on a student's transcript may be imposed only when it has been agreed upon by both the course instructor AND a Hearings Officer from the Student Resolution Center.