Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship
Deadline: March 5, 2013 for Fall 2013/ Academic Year 2013-2014
The Gilman International Scholarship Program offers grants for students of limited financial means to pursue academic studies abroad.
- U.S. citizen
- Undergraduate in good academic standing
- Federal Pell Grant recipient.
- Applying to or has been accepted into a study abroad program eligible for credit by the student's institution
- Study abroad program must be for at least 4 weeks in one country
- The applicant is studying abroad in any country except Cuba or a country on the State Department's current Travel Warning list.
- The applicant is studying in the fall, spring, or academic year terms including winter inter-sessions. Summer only programs are not eligible.
Amount of Support
Varies – average award is $4,000
Application is online. Please see the Web site for more information about how to apply.
Email with questions or to make an appointment.