Do you want to lose weight, lower your risk of many diseases, reduce stress, or become fit? Have you wanted to exercise but are just not sure how to get started? Or have you tried exercising on your own and found that you just don’t stick with it? If you can answer yes to any one of these questions, then this fun, interactive session is for you! Come and learn about the many benefits of regular physical activity and how you can get going today and stay motivated. The Department of Health and Exercise Science is here to offer sound, scientific advice and help you put together a safe and effective workout routine that you will want to actually stick with. Whether you’re a fitness newbie or a workout veteran, we’ll provide useful tips and hints that you can start using as soon as you walk out the door. You’ll also learn about several great resources here at CSU to help your entire family meet their goals including the Faculty and Staff Noon Hour Fitness Program, the Adult Fitness program, and the Youth Sports and After School Camps.
Goals and Target Audience:
1. Review the benefits of exercise and/or physical activity.
2. Discuss past and current national physical activity recommendations.
3. Outline the necessary components to an exercise Plan including cardiovascualr endurance, resistance training, flexibility and body composition.
4. Discuss how much exercise is necessary for health benefits versus fitness benefits.
5. Review all resources on campus for CSY faculty and staff to become and stay active and healthy.