Training for First-Time GTAs
The Purpose of GTA Training:
To equip all incoming GTAs with basic institutional knowledge about Colorado State University.
This will include the wide variety of University resources any GTA will need and or find helpful in the fulfillment of his or her duties and responsibilities, likewise the personal and professional expectations to which the University will hold them.
Incoming GTAs will also be introduced to universal learning and teaching issues, current pedagogical Best Practices, as well as strategies both for promoting academic integrity and assessing student performances/outcomes.
Canvas Online Agenda TBA:
Available | January 10–16, 2022
- Core Principles for Teaching Excellence
- Productive Classroom Environments
- Most student are great, but sometimes there are issues. What are your options and responsibilities?
- Diversity and Inclusion at CSU
- Universal Design: Creating Resources to which everyone has access
- Issues you may encounter while teaching
NOTE: If you registered for the mandatory training in August and, for whatever reason, did not complete it, you will be added to the online training in January. Please watch for an email invitation from the Canvas Learning Management System.
ALSO: Required All-University Training Deadline:
Saturday | January 20, 2020
The University requires all faculty, staff complete the following:
Sexual Harrassment Training Session
After registering for your GTA Training, you will receive an email with a link to the online module.