Learn, Reflect, Practice
The Graduate Teaching Certificate of Completion Program offers an opportunity to learn about, reflect on, and practice teaching at the post-secondary level. The program is flexible, allowing graduate students to focus on areas of teaching that most interest them and best meet their professional needs.
Teaching is a complex art: Here you will have the opportunity to participate in a combination of experiences, such as coursework on pedagogical theory and practice; workshops on specific pedagogical issues; experiential learning through internships, teaching and tutoring; course design; and a host of other professional development activities.
Moreover, working with the members of the Teaching Certificate Review Board, you can tailor your program according to your needs, interest, and schedule.
Program participants who complete the requirements earn a Certificate of Completion and are permitted to display their teaching portfolio on the TILT Web site.
Please complete the Online Enrollment Form
Note: If you've already enrolled, you can use the form to update your program information.
Work with Outstanding Teachers
Whether new to teaching or a seasoned instructor, the Graduate Teaching Certificate of Completion Program will meet your needs. Through our program, you will work with dedicated faculty and staff who are recognized as outstanding teachers.
View Program Requirements
You Will Learn To:
- Determine appropriate goals for student learning outcomes.
- Understand and work effectively with diverse student populations.
- Design courses, including selecting and sequencing course materials, and developing course assignments.
- Employ evaluative procedures which validly assess student learning.
- Use innovative pedagogical approaches, such as teaching with technology, optimizing available Learning Management Systems, practicing sustainable service-learning strategies, and so on.
- Reflect on and revise your pedagogical practices throughout your teaching career.