Why Earn a Graduate Teaching Certificate of Completion?
Plan on Teaching at the College Level?
If you are among the 70 percent of graduate students who plan to teach at a college or university after completing your degree, the Graduate Teaching Certificate of Completion Program will give you a headstart.
- Is flexible, allowing you to complete the requirements within one year.
- Allows you to participate in a community of faculty, staff, and students who are dedicated to excellence in teaching.
- Offers a self-directed course of study, so you can focus on the aspects of teaching in which you are most interested. Whether you want fundamental knowledge about post-secondary teaching, or want to gain expertise in specific areas, the Graduate Teaching Certificate program allows you to create a relevant and meaningful course of study.
- Provides you with important credentials. In an increasingly competitive academic job market, potential employers want evidence of both scholarly achievements and teaching ability. The teaching Certificate can significantly enhance your professional prospects.
- Offers you opportunities for experiential, hands-on learning through its internship, tutoring, and teaching options.
- Results in a Teaching ePortfolio, which illustrates your teaching expertise. The ePortfolio is both a comprehensive collection of pedagogical knowledge and a valuable tool in academic job searches.