Warner College of Natural Resources
Email: Derek.Schutt@colostate.edu Phone: 970.491.5786
Derek Schutt is a seismologist and geophysicist in the department of Geosciences. Dr. Schutt’s research focuses on using geophysical observables to understand the motion, temperature, and composition of the earth’s tectonic plates and the mantle below them.
Schutt teaches undergraduate and graduate level courses in seismology and geophysics and is particularly interested in incorporating knowledge from the research on teaching and learning of math and physics education into geosciences education. Dr. Schutt earned his Ph.D. at the University of Oregon in 2000.
Master Teacher Initiative
- MTI Home
- College of Agricultural Sciences
- College of Business
- College of Health and Human Sciences
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Natural Sciences
- College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
- Warner College of Natural Resources
- Walter Scott, Jr. College of Engineering
- Division of Student Affairs
- University Libraries