Instructional Innovation and Engagement
Affordable Content and Open Educational Resources
Lower Course Material Costs for Students
- Inclusive Access Program through the CSU Bookstore: Providing first-day access to digital course materials at a reduced cost.
- Transitioning from Print Textbooks to Electronic Text through Unizin Engage: Colorado State University’s membership in the Unizin Consortium provides access to the digital version of your textbooks at significantly reduced cost to students. Through Engage eReader Platform, students have first-day access to course materials. Contact Stan Kruse for more information.
Open Educational Resources
What is OER?
Open Educational Resources (OER) are teaching, learning and research materials in any medium – digital or otherwise – that reside in the public domain or have been released under an open license that permits no-cost access, use, adaptation and redistribution by others with no or limited restrictions.
Where can I learn more about OER?
Where can I find OER
Several OER catalogs are available for finding OER course materials and textbooks. A few are list below.
- Open Textbook Library: Colorado State University is a member of the Open Textbook Network, which “promotes access, affordability, and student success through the use of open textbooks” (Open Textbook Network).
- BC Campus OpenEd
- Directory of Open Access Books
- OASIS (Openly Available Sources Integrated Search)
- OER Commons
- Open SUNY Textbooks
- Pressbooks Directory