Instructors moving formerly in-person courses online in Spring 2020 may choose to proctor online exams by using either Respondus’ Monitor or Proctor U Auto-Launch.
Instructors already using Proctor U Live+ for CSU Online courses will continue to use Proctor U Live+.
Respondus’ Monitor and Proctor U Auto-Launch share these features:
- Designed to be used with the Quizzes feature in Canvas.
- Web cameras and microphones are required.
- Students are video recorded while taking exams. Artificial intelligence functions flag potential academic integrity violations for later review by the instructor or a designee.
- Free to students, with no advance scheduling required.
Proctoring Accommodations: Meeting Equity and Federal Requirements
- Proctoring solutions create potential access barriers for students with disabilities who use assistive technology. Students who have testing accommodations may need to use a different proctoring solution if their accommodation is not compatible. Be flexible with your testing requirements, and provide students with the ability to communicate any barriers they experience with assistive technology.
- Proctor U Live+ allows for assistive technology accommodations, and while there is normally a cost to use Live+, Proctor U provides free use for those students needing accommodations. (PLEASE NOTE: The need for accommodations must be stated in advance.)
- Substitute the Honor Pledge for proctoring software if accommodations cannot be made with the software.
- For questions about testing accommodations with proctoring software, contact Alisha Zmuda.