The Astronaut Scholarship Selection Committee is seeking nominations of outstanding students who exhibit motivation, imagination, and exceptional performance in the fields of engineering, mathematics, technology, and natural or applied sciences.
Students must be nominated by a faculty member who knows them well enough to identify a special drive or talent that foreshadows a creative career leading to the advancement of scientific knowledge and technology. Ideal candidates will also possess intellectual daring and a genuine desire to positively change the world around them, both in and out of the classroom.
- Be a U.S. citizen (birth certificate, U.S. passport or naturalization papers required)
- Be a junior or senior at the time the scholarship begins (Fall 2023)
- Have completed two years full-time study at CSU
- Be majoring in Natural or Applied Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Be a full-time student during both terms of the ASF-supported academic year
- Have conducted a considerable amount of research in their field (Astronaut Scholarships are not awarded for pre-medical studies, so clinical medical research is not considered in the research selection criteria. However, biomedical research is included.)
Nominate a Student
Please submit the following materials to the Astronaut Scholarship Liaison at Colorado State University
- The nominating faculty member should complete the Scholarship Nomination Form with assistance from the nominee.
- Two nomination letters from faculty members or research professors (one from the nominating professor at the student’s institution) must be submitted, including details on research achievements/endeavors.
- Students must compose and submit a short statement of personal interests, activities, hobbies and goals, not to exceed one page of 12-point type. The narrative letter supporting the nomination form should give examples of the involvement and commitment of the student to their studies beyond the formal classroom setting as shown on the transcript. Creativity is an important attribute, and should be documented.
- Students must submit a personal resume.