U-Turn: A One-Stop Shop for Academic Support
Thursday, March 1 | 10:00am – 4:00pm
CSU recognizes that there are a number of factors that can impact your academic performance. To learn what is impacting yours, we'd like to hear your story and refer you to the best possible resources available here on campus.
The U-Turn Academic Success Expo is focused on helping you drive your academic experience. We want to help you arrive at the next point of your journey here at CSU feeling confident, excited, and supported.
Where is U-Turn?
The event will be held in the Lory Student Center North Ballroom on the 3rd floor.
Here's what your U-Turn journey will look like:
- First, you will complete an online self-assessment wherein you'll highlight the areas in which you are experiencing uncertainty and challenge.
- Next, you will meet one-on-one with a Navigator who will help you craft an action plan customize to your particular needs and interests that will be useful for the rest of the semester and beyond.
- Lastly, you will visit our Academic Success Expo to work with representatives from various resources across campus to help you reach the goals you identified.
Have you received a U-Turn recommendation?
If you've received an email recommending U-Turn, a referral from an advisor or faculty, or you have questions on how to attend the event, please contact Lory-Ann Varela.
Workshops are 25-minutes in LSC Room 382—across from the North Ballroom—and run from 12:00-3:00pm.
Topics and Times
- Study Strategies: Expectations vs. Reality — 12:00 and 1:30pm
- Time Management — 12:30pm and 2:00pm
- Test-Taking Skills — 1:00pm and 2:30pm
U-Turn is open to all students on a drop-in basis.
To get the most out of your U-Turn experience, please plan to spend about an hour at the event to gather resources and meet with staff.
Thank you for all you are doing to promote your academic journey and success at CSU