U-Turn: A One-Stop Shop for Academic Support
Tuesday, March 7, 2017— 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
CSU recognizes that there are a number of factors that can impact your academic performance. To learn what is impacting yours, we'd like to hear your story.
Let us help you to make a successful academic "u-turn". We can refer you to the best possible resources available here on campus.
U-Turn is a focus on progression. No matter where you're at in your academic performance, we want to help you arrive at the next point of your journey here at CSU feeling confident, excited, and supported.
Where is U-Turn?
The event will be held in the Lory Student Center North Ballroom (located on the north end of the 3rd floor).
Here's what your U-Turn Journey will look like:
- First, you will complete an online self-assessment wherein you'll highlight the areas in which you are experiencing uncertainty and challenge.
- Next, you will meet one-on-one with a Navigator who will help you craft an action plan customize to your particular needs and interests that will be useful for the rest of the semester and beyond.
- Lastly, you will visit our Academic Success Expo to work with representatives from various resources across campus to help you reach the goals you identified.
We offer reoccurring 20-minute Academic Success Workshops throughout the event starting at 10am and ending at 4pm. The workshops will be located in Room 386 (right across from the North Ballroom) and cover the following topics:
- Time Management: How to best organize yourself and your course materials fro the semester.
- High-Impact Learning: Use what research says are the best ways to learn and enhance your study habits.
- Motivation & Goal-Setting: How to create short and long-term goals to keep you motivated.
U-Turn is open to all students on a drop-in basis.
To get the most out of your U-Turn experience, please plan to spend about an hour.
We acknowledge and celebrate the decision you've made to improve your academic and personal performance, and wish you the best as you move forward here at CSU.
Receive a "U"? Take the Express Lane!
If you've received a "U" in any of your classes, we encourage you to schedule an appointment in advance to meet with one of our Navigator. Scheduling an appointment guarantees you a 30-minute meeting with a Navigator – the day of U-Turn with no wait-time. To schedule an appointment, click HERE. The deadline to make an appointment is 5pm on Friday, March 3.
Other Ideas for Turning Your Semester Around
Steps You Can Take Right Now