U-Turn: A One-Stop Shop for Academic and Transition Success
Tuesday, October 9 | 10:00am – 4:00pm
LSC BALLSROOMS A — B
CSU recognizes that there are a number of factors that can impact your academic performance. To learn what is impacting yours, we'd like to hear your story and refer you to the best possible resources available at CSU.
The U-Turn Academic Success Expo aims to support you reaching your goals and achieving academic success in your journey at CSU feeling confident, excited, and supported.
The "U-Turn" Experience
Here are some of the comments students have shared about their experiences participating with U-Turn:
- U-Turn was an amazing event because I got the help I needed and was able to really connect with my navigator without having any issues or misunderstandings whatsoever. I would highly recommend this event to other students who need it or are struggling academically.
- The advisors and staff are very helpful. They seemed liked they really cared about us succeeding.
- This event has so many amazing resources and tips on how to be successful at CSU.
- To anyone that has doubts of withdrawing from a class. Go to U-Turn first. They will be able to help you make a plan on what you need to do.
- I really liked it. I feel like the resources I was given will give me a better chance at academic success.
- It was very beneficial for me and I feel as though I was heard and understood.
What to Expect at U-Turn
- First, you will be asked to first complete an online self-assessment survey which will help to highlight the areas in which you are experiencing challenges, as well as identify strengths you can build on to enhance your academic success.
- Next, you will meet with a Navigator, who is a CSU staff volunteer who values student support and success. With your Navigator, you will review your self-assessment results and develop an action plan for next steps.
- Lastly, you will have the opportunity to visit with representatives from different campus offices at the Academic Success Expo. This will provide a chance to meet with staff at the different resource tables to learn more about office services that can help you achieve your action plan goals.
In addition, U-Turn will offer a series of 25-minute workshops in LSC room 322 from 12:00pm-3:00pm.
Topics and Times
- Study Strategies: 12–12:30 pm and 1:30–2 pm
- Time Management: 12:30–1 pm and 2–2:30 pm
- Test-Taking Skills: 1–1:30 pm and 2:30–3 pm
U-Turn is open to all students on a drop-in basis.
To get the most out of your U-Turn experience, please plan to spend 45-60 minutes at the event to gather resources and meet with staff.
Thank you for all you are doing to promote your academic journey and success at CSU.