CSU has an institutional license for the automated exam and homework scoring software, Gradescope. Individual faculty and departments can use the Gradescope to score bubble sheet exams with similar functionality as Scantron as well as handwritten, problem-based homework and exams.
- Allows instructors to quickly update an exam question and regrade the exam.
- For handwritten assignments and exams, uses character and handwriting recognition to group similar responses for streamlined grading.
- Integrates with Canvas allowing grades to be pushed to the Canvas gradebook.
- Works with cross listed courses in Canvas.
- Allows for multiple versions of a bubble sheet exam which sync to a single Canvas Grade Book column.
- Automated grading and plagiarism checking of computer coding questions.
What Departments Need
- Scanner - two-sided bulk scanner with file saved or emailed to PDF
- Answer sheet - print using Gradescope template or order in bulk from FastPrint
- Staff time (Bulk scanning 200 exams to pdf and uploading takes about 10 minutes)
What Faculty Will Do
- Learn the software - intuitive, user-friendly interface with Canvas integration
- Sync Roster with Canvas to provide Gradescope with an accurate class list
- Upload scanned exams into Gradescope and initiate the automated grading.
Gradescope Ramp-Up Session: Bubble Sheet Exams
Day: Tuesday, August 9, 2022
Virtual via MS Teams
Learning Technology and Analytics Program Manager
Upcoming Gradescope Sessions
Gradescope Video Overviews