TILT Tutoring is hiring tutors for the Fall 2021 Semester. Tutors assist fellow CSU students with content as well as academic skills in general. The environment is one of group tutoring. Training is provided on group tutoring skills, active learning strategies, collaborative learning strategies, and resource referral.
You must have taken the course and received an "A" or "B" in the course to be eligible (if two courses are listed together, both must have been taken and a grade of "A" or "B" must have been received for both):
Open Tutoring Positions
- BC 351
- BMS 300
- BMS 301
- BZ 350
- LIFE 103
- CHEM 113
- CHEM 245
- CHEM 341 | 343
- MATH 141
- MATH 155
- MATH 160 | 161
- MATH 261
- MATH 340
- MATH 369
- PH 121 | 122
- PH 141 | 142
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide group tutoring to CSU students utilizing active and collaborative learning strategies.
- Offer assistance to students in acquiring study skills.
- Be aware of CSU student resources and support students in connecting with these resources.
- Work an average of 10 hours a week.
- Maintain professional contact with peers, all TILT Staff and CSU faculty.
- Participate in tutor training and development sessions.
Number of Openings (8)Apply Here
Qualifications | A successful applicant will:
- Have successfully completed the course(s) they're applying to tutor with a grade of “A” or “B” and be in good academic standing with CSU.
- Demonstrate knowledge and passion in the subject matter.
- Have a commitment to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for our diverse student body.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to work well with large groups of students with competing priorities.
- Be an effective team player and be able to collaborate with peers.
- Be able to effectively manage their time.
- Be able to empathize with students who may be struggling academically and/or personally.