IMPORTANT TUTORING DATES FOR FALL SEMESTER
Opening Day: Monday August 28 — 5-10pm
View/Download the Fall 2017 Tutoring Schedule
Holiday Schedule | No Tutoring
Labor Day: Sunday and Monday, August 3 and 4
Thanksgiving Break: Sunday to Saturday, November 19-25
We will be tutoring Sunday November 26th – Join us!
Winter Break Notes
Last day of Fall Semester Tutoring — Thursday, Dec. 7
First day of Spring Semester Tutoring — Tuesday, Jan. 16
Course-Specific Group Tutoring
TILT Tutoring is devoted to fostering a greater understanding of biology, chemistry, math, and physics. We provide a welcoming environment and a friendly staff to answer questions, clarify and deepen understanding of key concepts, and review course material with you.
Unlike individual tutoring, TILT Tutoring provides an opportunity to participate in active learning facilitated by a trained tutor and to work closely with peers who are taking the same class as yourself.
- To facilitate student success in challenging courses, thereby supporting CSU's retention efforts.
- To offer students an opportunity to learn and review course material in a supportive environment
- To provide opportunities for students to improve their metacognitive skills and study habits
- To provide opportunities for students to become independent learners
- To offer training and professional development opportunities to outstanding student-tutors
How It Works
Each time you use TILT Tutoring you will be asked to register with your CSU ID.
This helps us track, assess, and improve the program's effectiveness: how many students use the service, the course and class levels that are in the greatest demand, etc.
Your personal information is confidential and will not be shared with anyone.
Please visit: Tutoring@ColoState.edu
Tutoring is offered for some—but not all—of the courses considered historically difficult in the subject areas listed below:
- Human Physiology
Fall and Spring Hours
Tutoring begins the second week of Fall and Spring Semester.
- Sunday – Thursday
5 pm to 10 pm
- Friday and Saturday
Tutoring is not offered during the Summer Session.
All University holidays, Fall Break, Spring Break, and Finals Week.
Get the Most out of Tutoring
Here are a few suggestions:
- Attend course lectures and review text material on your own.
- Identify areas in which you most need help by tackling your assigned homework before coming to the Tutorial Hall.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses by preparing specific questions and objectives.
- Bring your textbook, course syllabus, slides from the lecture, and any worksheets associated with your assignment.
- Be an active learner. Ask questions until you are confident you understand the material.
- Don't just watch your tutors solving problems on the board. Stand alongside of them; work the problems out together.
- Keep notes of your tutor's explanations, answers, and clarifications. Add them to your lecture notes for when it comes time to study for exams.
- Plan ahead and expect larger groups before exams and homework due dates.
- Have a positive attitude and be eager to learn new things.